Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] RHEL6 (Bacula 5.0.0) and 'Begin pruning Jobs older than 41 years etc.'

2011-03-16 11:30:35
Subject: [Bacula-users] RHEL6 (Bacula 5.0.0) and 'Begin pruning Jobs older than 41 years etc.'
From: Foo <bfoo33 AT yahoo.co DOT uk>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sf DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sf DOT net>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:14:09 +0100
Hi,

I understand this is a known bug but has not been fixed in the RHEL6
packaged 5.0.0 version of Bacula yet (see
http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT
net/msg39554.html).

We're actually running a newer version (5.0.3) on Debian without this
issue but management has decided to consolidate on Red Hat..

So is this cosmetic or should I look at installing from source or
downloading third party (unsupported by RH) packages with newer versions
and/or prune manually + dbcheck to trim the database while waiting for RH
to update the version? (which might be in another 5 years..)