Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Windows Client and Bacula File Server

2011-03-15 17:05:19
Subject: [Bacula-users] Windows Client and Bacula File Server
From: Mike Hendrie <mike AT hendrienet DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 16:02:51 -0500
All,
This my first time setting up a Bacula server. I have installed Bacula on Ubuntu 10.10 and am wanting to backup a Windows 7 machine. So far, I set the same password for the client and all of the bacula (sd,fd,dir) config files. The file storage is located at /bacula/backups on the local Bacula server with the permissions of 777.

I can backup the server without issues to the /bacula/backups location. However, the Windows machine cannot. I can do an estimate for windows client and get a list of file size and file quantities to be backed up.  However, when trying to backup the windows machine it just defaults to cancel in the storage status window.

The Windows machine can resolve the FQN of the bacula server and I am not using localhost in any of the bacula (sd,fd,dir) config files.

Do I have to enable any sharing on the Linux machine or install any additional software to get this to work?

Thanks in advance.

Dazed and Confused,
Mike