Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to configure bacula for 6-day rotating backup

2011-03-14 19:07:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to configure bacula for 6-day rotating backup
From: Miłosz Kosobucki <mikom3 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 00:03:32 +0100
On 14.03.2011 23:06, ganiuszka wrote:
> Hi,

> Why do you need to store full and incremental/differential backups in
> the same pool? You can do it with two or more pools - one for full
> backup and the rest for incremental/differential backups. (eg. by
> using "Full Backup Pool", "Differential Backup Pool" ,"Incremental
> Backup Pool" Job resource directives).
>
> The second question - why would you use the only one full backup?

I am a bit constrained by space. I'm using a hard drive for backups, and
I can fit only one full backup and ~5 days of changes. With rsync and
aforementioned --link-dest option this would work, however I would have
to manually write some code to rotate between directories. Can't I make
bacula to behave similarly?

--
Miłosz Kosobucki <mikom3 AT gmail DOT com>