Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Tape put into error status after running job is cancelled

2011-03-07 12:17:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Tape put into error status after running job is cancelled
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Win Htin <win.htin AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 12:15:02 -0500
> I noticed every time I have to cancel a running job, the tape/volume
> goes into error state. I assumed the job would terminate gracefully
> with an eod mark but seems not. Is there a way I can put an eod mark
> and put the tape back to append mode? I am running version 2.2.6 on
> RHEL 4.6 server (64 bit).

This bug was fixed in version 5.0.3. Its not about EOD marks but the
catalog thinking there is 1 more file on the tape than it has recorded
in the database. You have to correct this in the database to fix the
inconsistency. Then mark the tape as append and you should be able to
use the tape. I did that a few times in the past. The logs should
mention this in marking the tape as error.

John