Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Windows Backup Junction Point / Filesystem Question

2011-01-31 12:26:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Windows Backup Junction Point / Filesystem Question
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Randy Katz <rkatz AT simplicityhosting DOT com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 12:24:10 -0500
On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Randy Katz
<rkatz AT simplicityhosting DOT com> wrote:
> On 1/31/2011 9:08 AM, John Drescher wrote:
>>>
>>> John, thanks, but this was already addressed to the list, using the onefs
>>> option to yes takes care of
>>> the issue, and no, there is no other target drive other then "C:".
>>>
>> My point is no the onefs option does not properly fix the issue. If
>> the target of the junction is on C: you do NOT want to set onefs=no
>> because the data in the junction will be backed up twice then.
>>
> Sorry, onefs=no is what I meant.

This is generally still the wrong thing to do. Its better to include
the target of the junction in the fileset instead of backing up
through the juction but I guess it would work. This will cause you
problems on disaster recovery because the junction will not
automatically remade. If you use this method you will have to recreate
the junctions before the restore instead of recreating junctions after
with the onefs=yes method.

John