Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] dump my configuration?

2011-01-31 10:35:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] dump my configuration?
From: hymie! <hymie AT lactose.homelinux DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 10:32:32 -0500
John Drescher writes:
>> /usr/sbin/bacula-dir -t shows no errors, so I need something more.
>
>Then there is no errors in the config file.
>
>/etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf
>
>look at this. And also explain exactly what it is doing that you do
>not think it should be doing along with posting this file.

Hi, John.

At this point, I am not in a position to post my entire bacula-dir.conf
file.  When my boss returns from sick leave, perhaps he will change his
mind.

I do, however, have these snippets from the file.  I hope that's enough
at this time.

=== 8< === 8< ===
JobDefs {
  Name = "DefaultJob"
  Enabled = yes
  Type = Backup
  Level = Incremental
  Client = BackupServer-fd
  FileSet = "Unix Fileset"
  Schedule = "SecondWeeklyCycle"
  Storage = File
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = IncPool
  Full Backup Pool = FPool
  Differential Backup Pool = DiffPool
  Incremental Backup Pool = IncPool
  Priority = 10
}

Job {
  Name = "GreatPlains-Backup"
  Client = GreatPlains-fd
  JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
  FileSet = "GP Set"
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/GreatPlainsBackup.bsr"
}

Job {
  Name = "BackupCatalog"
  JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
  Level = Full
  FileSet="Catalog"
  Schedule = "WeeklyCycleAfterBackup"
  # This creates an ASCII copy of the catalog
  # WARNING!
  # Ubuntu uses make_catalog_backup_awk script for
  # security reasons
  # Replace <CatalogName> with the real Catalog name
  RunBeforeJob = "/usr/bin/awk -f /etc/bacula/scripts/make_catalog_backup_awk
-v cat1=MyCatalog /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf"
  # This deletes the copy of the catalog
  RunAfterJob  = "/etc/bacula/scripts/delete_catalog_backup"
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/BackupCatalog.bsr"
  Priority = 11                   # run after main backup
}

Pool {
  Name = FPool
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 90 days         # one year
  Label Format = "${JobName}-${Level}"
}

FileSet {
  Name = "GP Set"
  Enable VSS = yes
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
      compression = GZIP
    }
    File="C:/"
    File="D:/"
}
}

=== 8< === 8< ===

What it is doing that is weird:

There are 6 other backup jobs in addition to the GreatPlains-Backup job
listed above.  The other backups all work correctly.  However, the
GreatPlains-Backup job:
(*) did not name the Volume correctly
GreatPlains-Backup.2011-01-29_23.05.00_08
instead of
GreatPlains-Backup.2011-01-29_23.05.00_08-Full

(*) failed to automatically create the Volume that it needed.
I had to go into the bacula-console and label a volume, after which
it immediately began processing the backup.

Further, the "BackupCatalog" job appears to be using the names of random
jobs for its volumes, rather than its own name:
GreatPlains-Backup.2011-01-29_23.05.00_08-Full
Files-Backup.2011-01-29_23.05.00_07-Full
instead of
BackupCatalog.2011-01-30_18.52.19_06-Full

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie    hymie AT lactose.homelinux
DOT net