Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula pruing file records ... why ?

2011-01-31 08:04:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula pruing file records ... why ?
From: "Richard Marnau" <marnau AT catering-kiel DOT de>
To: "'Paulo Martinez'" <martinezino AT googlemail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 14:02:02 +0100
Hi Paulo,

thanks for your reply, there is no definition what so ever in the client
configuration.
As i quoted before, only "Monthly" and "Yearly" is currently needed when
restoring a file older than 2 weeks.

Cheers, Richard
--

Pool {
  Name = WeeklyRotation

Pool {
  Name = MonthlyRotation
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 65 days          # Just over two months
  File Retention = 65 days            # Just over two months
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 20G          # Limit Vol size to something reasonable
  Maximum Volumes = 100               # Limit number of Volumes in Pool
  LabelFormat = "Monthly"
}

Pool {
  Name = YearlyRotation
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 370 days         # one year
  File Retention = 370 days           # one year
  Job Retention = 370 days            # one year
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 50G          # Limit Vol size to something reasonable
  Maximum Volumes = 100               # Limit number of Volumes in Pool
  LabelFormat = "Yearly"
}

---