Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup encryption

2011-01-30 20:35:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup encryption
From: Marc Dojka <mdojka AT gmail DOT com>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 20:33:16 -0500
For the backups:  The media is stored at an offsite location.  When the media leaves my control, all data must be encrypted.  This is for policy reasons, insurance reasons, and ensures confidentiality of customer information as well as HR records.

For the keys:  So even if both the backups and the keys are compromised, they are unusable without the private key password.

-Marc