Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Trying to do a migration to multiple pools

2011-01-30 14:33:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Trying to do a migration to multiple pools
From: Mister IT Guru <misteritguru AT gmx DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 19:32:14 +0000
On 30/01/2011 18:03, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On 01/30/11 06:51, Mister IT Guru wrote:
>> Dear List :)
>>
>> I'd like to migrate my jobs into separate pools. I had one default pool
>> for testing, and I have completed a number of diffrent backups, all to
>> my satisfaction. I have configured three extra pools, full, diff, and
>> inc (very original, I know). I wish to migrate all my existing full,
>> diff, and inc, into the appropriate pools. My understanding of the
>> config only means, Pool A =>  Migrate =>  Pool B, rather than Pool X. How
>> can I get around that?
> Do they need to all be migrated right away, or can you just start new
> jobs from here forward running to the new pools and let the old test
> backups expire in their own time?

Full, Incremental and Diffs, have different retentions. Fulls, I wish to
keep for a year, diffs, I don't need if a full has been completed since,
and the same goes for my incremental. For some reason, they are all on
one volume, (rookie mistake, will not make again!), and this volume is
touching 2TB! (another rookie mistake, my bad, I've learned!) So,
naturally, I don't want all my backups in one file. My solution, to
migrate all these jobs away to the proper pools, which all the jobs in
the future will run into. Also, the different backups end up on
different NAS devices. Ordinarily, if I didn't feel that I could save
the data, I wouldn't bother - but I'd like to give it a shot, if
anything for the experience.

Thanks for taking the time.

--
The Solo System Admin - Follow me - I follow you
http://solosysad.blogspot.com/