Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula bscan: segmentation fault

2011-01-29 06:33:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula bscan: segmentation fault
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:29:54 +0100
On 01/28/2011 01:04 PM, mjungwirth wrote:
> hello,
>
> i have 2 bacula backup servers.
> one master server, which has a full bacula installation and runs the backup
> jobs and which have a full backup store (on hdds)
> and a slave server which has also a full bacula installation, but this
> installation has no active backup jobs.
>
> the master server runs the backups jobs and save the files to the local
> storage.
> then a copy job is running. the copy job copys the last backups to a
> nfs-share (which is running on the slave server).
>
> then the copy job ist completed successfully, a inventory-job ist running on
> the bacula-slave server.
> my goal in this solution will be to have two backups online available (if the
> master-server dies).
>
> the inventory-job on the slave server takes bscan to inventory the
> bacula-files and write the file-list to a local mysql-database.
>
> temporary i get the following error:
> /etc/bacula/scripts/inventory-bacula-differential.sh: line 14: 10181
> Segmentation fault      bscan -b /var/lib/bacula/volume.list.diff -v -s -p -m
> -c /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf -Ppassword /backups/bacula >
> /var/log/bacula-inventory-differential.log
>
> it seems that there will be destroyed backup-files. but the backup-files are
> working from the master server.
> but on the slave server i don´t get a full backup and job-list.
>
> any idea how i can solve this problem?
>
> regards,
> markus

each times I've got a bscan or bextract segfault, the content of the backup was
bad !
even if the job was successfull ( seen that mainly in backup catalog )

try to see if a bls on the master is good, then checksumming file sha1sum slave
and master and check if any diff.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch