Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula mysql problem

2011-01-27 12:27:32
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula mysql problem
From: "Laxansh K. Adesara" <laxansh AT anatec DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 17:20:46 -0000

Hi,

After some headaches configuring bacula-dir I have another problem. When I try to test bacula-dir I get following error

Bacula-dir: Fatal error : could not open Catalog “MyCatalog”, database “bacula”.

Bacula-dir: Fatal error : mysql.c: unable to connect to MySQL server.

Database=bacula User=bacula

IT is probably not running or your password is incorrect.

Bacula-dir error termination

Please correct configuration file: bacula-dir.conf

MySQL is not the problem because whenever I type:mysql –u bacula –p and I can connect by entering password in the next step.

So, what’s wrong here?

My catalog from bacula-dir.conf file :

Catalog {

    Name = MyCatalog

    #Uncomment the following line if you want the dbi driver

    #dbdriver = “dbi:sqlite3”; dbaddress =127.0.0.1; dbport=

    Dbname = bacula; DB Address =IP address ; dbuser = “bacula” passoword=”password”

 }

Here I have tried 127.0.0.1 and localhost but if I use this then bacula-dir does not run for even 1 sec. but by entering IP Address atleast it runs for 40 sec. That’s really weird but fact. Can any1 please tell me what would be the solution?

Regards,

Laxansh