Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] setting up a disk based backup system.

2011-01-27 09:43:19
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] setting up a disk based backup system.
From: Kenneth Johansson <kenneth AT southpole DOT se>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 15:40:32 +0100
OK I'm tried to use two disk and manually create the volumes.
But this did not work I can not get around this insane coupling of
job/pool to a specific storage device.

Why do I care what storage device is used ????

Is there any way to have a sane setup with disks ?? anyone ??

Now I created the volumes in bconsole and could verify that they was
created on the correct drive but when the job starts and picks a volume
out of the pool it goes to the storage device that is on the job/pool
(and yes you do need one) not the one that the volume is actually
created on and that obviously fails.