Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Beta testers for version 5.1.x

2011-01-27 06:03:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Beta testers for version 5.1.x
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 06:01:17 -0500
> No, cmake is not yet available on enough machines by default, so we use make,
> but for the regression testing, we have it setup so we can use it with or
> without cmake.  With cmake (actually ctest), it will post the results to the
> dashboard.

Thanks.

I remember a discussion from years ago about possibly using CMake in
the future.

My interest (as a programmer who uses CMake daily for 3 years on
windows and gentoo linux) is that it would simplify the build process
especially in the case of windows and also with the possibility to
build bat with Visual Studio so that I could better debug why at times
it crashes or becomes too slow to use on my network of 40+ clients and
30 to 50 TB of data currently backed up with bacula. I have read that
there will be stability improvements on bat so maybe I do not need
this.

John