Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How to organize File-Bases Volumes...

2011-01-27 04:31:15
Subject: [Bacula-users] How to organize File-Bases Volumes...
From: ml ml <mliebherr99 AT googlemail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:29:05 +0100
Hello List,

I have this Pool definition with autolabeling.

Pool {
  Name = File
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 21 days         # one year
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 1M          # Limit Volume size to something reasonable
  Maximum Volumes = 500               # Limit number of Volumes in Pool
  Label Format = "Volume-"

}

And this storage definition for each Client/Host:
I am using this setup because i would like to "organize" my
automatically created volumes in folders like:
/mnt/backup/bacula/hostA
/mnt/backup/bacula/hostB
/mnt/backup/bacula/hostC

Device {
  Name = FileStorage-otrs.hq.imos.net
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /mnt/backup/bacula/hostA
  LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  RemovableMedia = no;
  AlwaysOpen = no;
}

The big disadvantage is that i will run out of Volumes soon since each
Backup Job will create a Volume, even if its only 1MB big.
Can i set "Maximum Volumes = 64000". I guess not since autolabeling
starts with -0001.

I also failed to "reuse" the old Volumes since they are on one Pool
but have diffrent "Archive Device" paths.

Any idea how to solve this?

Cheers,
Mario