Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] FW: FW: Bacula help

2011-01-26 17:41:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] FW: FW: Bacula help
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Laxansh K. Adesara" <laxansh AT anatec DOT com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 12:03:55 -0500
On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 9:44 AM, Laxansh K. Adesara <laxansh AT anatec DOT com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think you are right John, when I checked my log file it is showing
>
> Error termination:
> Please correct configuration file: /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf
> Fatar error: could not open catalog "MyCatalog"
> Fatar error: mysql.c : unable to connect to database=bacula user=bacula
> MySQL connect failed either server not running or your authorization is
> incorrect
>
> SO I think I need to configure mysql as well with bacula-dir as you
> said.
> Correct? And where are the steps to configure it ?

See the manual here:

http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Installing_Configuring_MySQ.html#SECTION004220000000000000000

The bacula catalog scripts are in /usr/libexec/bacula for me in gentoo
but could be in a different on your distro.

John