Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Ubuntu Lucid, Migration from SQLite --> MySQL | MySQL already has 1 DB running.

2011-01-26 17:40:05
Subject: [Bacula-users] Ubuntu Lucid, Migration from SQLite --> MySQL | MySQL already has 1 DB running.
From: "J. Echter" <j.echter AT elektro-mayer-echter DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 17:04:11 +0100
Hi,

im running Ubuntu Lucid Server x64.

I'd like to migrate from bacula-sqlite to bacula-mysql, but i have one
problem. Im not a MySQL expert and i already have one Database running
with MySQL.

Can someone advice how to handle my situation without damaging anything? :)

I would do the following:

1. dump sqlite db
2. remove sqlite parts of bacula
3. install mysql parts of bacula
4. creating db (there im not sure if can break something if i just use
the script from bacula)

or would postgresql the better choice?

cheers

juergen