Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] concurrent jobs + autochanger

2011-01-26 07:37:13
Subject: [Bacula-users] concurrent jobs + autochanger
From: Spiros Ioannou <sivann AT avarchive DOT gr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 14:18:39 +0200
Hello,
I'm completely lost regarding the Maximum Concurrent Jobs directive on
multiple places.

First, my setup:
-Autochanger, about 70 slots
-2 LTO4 Drives inside autochanger
-2 backup Pools defined, and a Scratch pool. pool1 used by Job1 for unix
clients,  pool2 used by Job2 and Job3 for windows clients.

What I want, is for those LTO 2 drives writing the jobs concurrently,
without specifying exact job-device mapping. Right now I cannot do this,
all jobs are written to the 1st drive sequentially.
All Jobs use the "Autochanger" device, not the drives themselves.

I Have "Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2" to the Director {} in bacula-dir
I Have "Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20" to the Storage{} in baclula-sd

Should I use the "Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2" on the Autochanger or on
the LTO drives?
Should I use the "Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1" on each LTO Device{} ?

Thank you
-Spiros