Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Autorename of tapes

2011-01-21 07:52:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Autorename of tapes
From: Arunav Mandal <dibun AT hotmail DOT com>
To: "'John Drescher'" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>, "'Dan Langille'" <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 13:49:55 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: John Drescher [mailto:drescherjm AT gmail DOT com]
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2011 1:17 PM
To: Dan Langille
Cc: Arunav Mandal; bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net

> However, why do you want the labels to differs?  If you are using this
> in an autochanger, Bacula will quickly become confused.  The tape
> library will be reading the barcodes and telling Bacula what they are.

I believe it is a bad idea to not use your barcodes in your
autochanger. The reason is instead of asking the autochanger what is
in the slots bacula must load every single tape to determine what is
in the slots. And if you change things it will probably have to do
that again.

John

So that means if I use the barcodes I don?t have to do "update slots scan"
after I change tapes?

Arunav.