Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to get this autochanger work with bacula

2011-01-20 09:08:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to get this autochanger work with bacula
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:05:57 -0500
On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 3:09 AM, harryl <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
wrote:
> Thanks.  But after I installed mtx for my Linux server and try label, it gave
> me different error:
>
> *label
> Automatically selected Catalog: MyCatalog
> Using Catalog "MyCatalog"
> Automatically selected Storage: LTO-2
> Connecting to Storage daemon LTO-2 at cole:9103 ...
> Enter new Volume name: testvol
> Enter slot (0 or Enter for none):
> Defined Pools:
>     2: File
>     3: Scratch
> Select the Pool (1-3): 1
> Connecting to Storage daemon LTO-2 at cole:9103 ...
> Sending label command for Volume "testvol" Slot 0 ...
> Invalid slot=0 defined in catalog for Volume "" on "LTO-2-drive" (/dev/nst0).
> Manual load may be required.
> 3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive 0" command.
> 3991 Bad autochanger "loaded? drive 0" command: ERR=Child exited with code 1.
> Results=mtx: Request Sense: Long Report=yes
> mtx: Request Sense: Valid Residual=no
> mtx: Request Sense: Error Code=0 (Unknown?!)
> mtx: Request Sense: Sense Key=No Sense
> mtx: Request Sense: FileMark=no
> mtx: Request Sense: EOM=no
> mtx: Request Sense: ILI=no
> mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Code = 00
> mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Qualifier = 00
> mtx: Request Sense: BPV=no
> mtx: Request Sense: Error in CDB=no
> mtx: Request Sense:3910 Unable to open device "LTO-2-drive" (/dev/nst0):
> ERR=dev.c:491 Unable to open device "LTO-2-drive" (/dev/nst0): ERR=No medium
> found

Two things.
1. It appears that the autochanger did not load the tape. You need to
track this down before you can continue. I would start at Dan's blog.
Also there is an autochanger testing section in the manual and a
testing tool for that as well.

2. If you have an autochanger with a barcode reader you do not run
label. Instead run label barcodes and if you want put all tapes in the
Scratch pool.

John