Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] fstype=bind being ignored

2011-01-19 09:51:38
Subject: [Bacula-users] fstype=bind being ignored
From: Frank Altpeter <frank.altpeter AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 15:48:13 +0100
Hi list,

After a short discussion on the channel, I was advised to create a
post here to see if there's help for that or if it's really a bug.

I've got a machine that is using bind mounts. Despite the fact that
the fileset definition is using "onefs=no" and "fstype=ext3", the bind
mounts' content is saved which results in multiple saves of the same
content.

I know I could simply add the relevant mount points on the exclude
list in the fileset, but I think it would make sense if this is
considered like other fstype configurations as well, since I don't
like to manually tweak the fileset on every possible change of the
bind mounts, and to keep the default fileset simple and generic.

I've put some addional information on http://racoon.pastebin.com/r44RTxyP

The bacula-fd has version 2.4.4 on opensuse 11.1 and the server is
running 5.0.3, on SLES 11.1

Any hints appreciated.

--
Le deagh dhùraghd,