Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Retention Configuration

2011-01-18 15:27:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Retention Configuration
From: Blake Dunlap <ikiris AT gmail DOT com>
To: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 14:06:32 -0600
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 13:11, Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com> wrote:

> >> How to handle different retentions for different pool?
> >
> > I think you can't in the current release -- per-pool retention is
> > broken.  See
> >
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net/msg42297.html
> >

> ok, thats a good hint, thanks.
>
> JFI: My setup is
>
> Pool Inc: J/F Retention 14 Days, V Retention 21 Days
> Pool Dif: J/F Retention 7 Months, V Retention 9 Months
> Pool Ful: J/F Retention 5 Years, V Retention 6 Years
>
> Well, i think i must put the highest job and file retention that exist
> in the pool resource, into the client resource. Shorter job and file
> retention are anyway forced by the shorter volume retention.
>
> Thought?

Yes, assuming two things:

1) You also remove J/F retention from the pool resource.

2) You have the same retention periods for all clients.

__Martin

Honestly, when you get to the point of custom retentions per type / pool / client, you're better off coding your business logic into a script that manually purges jobs / volumes.

-Blake