Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] newbie question

2011-01-18 02:34:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] newbie question
From: Randy Katz <rkatz AT simplicityhosting DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 23:32:11 -0800
Mark,

No sense of entitlement here. I like to run things and then figure them out. If there is nothing available then I'll
pick through the docs until I get it, eventually. As for lecturing me about what a web hosting company is supposed
to do, save your breath, been hosting a long time and never put anything into production that is not fully tested,
understood, and tweaked!

PS - Most software that I test has a full run-through in the quick start, including a list of critical items which may
need to be tweaked so that the main challenge becomes compilation and then integration. Software that challenges
on initial configuration should be questioned (yes, question the software) for its sense of "entitlement"! And please don't
say because it is free or open source that it should be that way, I have been building Apache since it had no run through
and well know the difference, I prefer open source to every thing else I have encountered out there, especially on the
server side!

Be well,
Randy