Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula help

2011-01-17 09:52:14
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula help
From: "Laxansh K. Adesara" <laxansh AT anatec DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 14:34:19 -0000

Hi,

As I am new user for Bacula, I am not much aware about it. I am trying to setup bacula on windows platform (win 32) but I don’t know how to setup bacula configuration files. Basically, I have got 1 server (window 2003) and 10 pc and all PCs are in network and now I want to backup all the PC on particular time or day. To store the data I have got LTO 4 with Cartridges and I have setup it and its working fine. Now I want to setup bacula on server so I can do backup. I have tried to install it from Bacula website but its showing bacula client files only. I installed it but it did not work and continuously it was showing connecting to director but where is director? so I think I need bacula server package as well !! I would be thankful to you if you can give me the answers of following questions and help me to setup bacula.

  1. Do I need two separate package(Source file) to setup bacula on windows
  2. Could you please tell me where can I download source file for it. (there is just bacula  client source from bacula website)
  3. Could you please tell me how to setup bacula?

Any help would be appreciated. Looking forward to positive response from your side as soon as possible.

Regards,

Laxansh K Adesara

IT Technician

Anatec Limited Uk