Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Director crash

2011-01-11 12:28:36
Subject: [Bacula-users] Director crash
From: jerry lowry <jlowry AT edt DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:11:17 -0800
Hi list,

I came in this morning and found that my director had died last night after doing two of the backups.  The traceback follows at the end.
This is the scenario:

    I noticed yesterday that the only two jobs that were scheduled to be performed last night were a monthly backup and the catalog backup.  Given that I did not have the time to research why the other 5 backups were not scheduled I started BAT and selected the jobs to run at the appropriate times they normally run each night ( supposed to anyway ).  So, when I looked at the director status I saw the two that were scheduled and 5 jobs that were waiting for the selected time to run.

The two jobs that were scheduled ran without any errors.  The director crashed when running the first job that I selected to run from BAT.  From BAT
I selected the JOBS tab and then selected the job which I wanted to run.  I modified only the "when" ( or start time ) by highlighting the hour and minute
and inserting the time I wanted the job to run.  Did this for each of the jobs that did not get scheduled.

Made sure they were all showing up in the DIRECTOR tab and went on home.

Restarted bacula this morning and all the jobs were scheduled as normal.

Any clues or ideas as to the problem would be great.

OS:  Fedora 12 ( 2.6.32.11-99.fc12)
MySQL: 5.1.45 ( source distribution )
Bacula: 5.0.1

Jerold Lowry
IT Manager / Software Engineer
Engineering Design Team (EDT), Inc. a HEICO company
1400 NW Compton Drive, Suite 315
Beaverton, Oregon 97006 (U.S.A.)
Phone: 503-690-1234 / 800-435-4320
Fax: 503-690-1243