Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Ignoring Job Errors

2011-01-10 18:50:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Ignoring Job Errors
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: rauch.holger AT googlemail DOT com
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 18:47:47 -0500
On 1/10/2011 6:03 PM, rauch.holger AT googlemail DOT com wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2011, Dan Langille wrote:
>
>> On 1/10/2011 5:03 AM, rauch.holger AT googlemail DOT com wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> even when looking through
>>>
>>> http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/
>>>
>>> I haven't found a way to ignore errors in backup jobs (I only want to be
>>> notified about the errors, but I don't want the entire backup job to be
>>> canceled).
>>>
>>> What's the right option to achieve this behavior and in which configuration
>>> resource (Client, Job, etc.) can it be used?
>>>
>>> (Apologies in case I overlooked something).
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance&   kind regards,
>>
>> What errors?

 > Hi Dan,
 >
 > I was referring to any kind of error (i.e. the generalization was
intended)
 > regardless of the source (Bacula FD, SD, Director). So, I would like a
 > backup job to continue to the farthest extent possible. Thus, my
question is
 > still valid, I think.
 >
 > Thanks in advance&  kind regards,
 >
 >     Holger

If you reply at the bottom of the email, it is easier to read the entire
story.

Well, most errors are fatal errors.  warnings are just warnings.
Bacula will only fail the job if it must.

If you can be more specific as the errors you are encountering, we might
be able to be more help.  :)

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/