Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restore single Job from two different Storages

2011-01-10 17:35:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restore single Job from two different Storages
From: Rodrigo Renie Braga <rodrigorenie AT gmail DOT com>
To: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 20:32:16 -0200
Well, thank you very much for your time, and as for the FullPool directive, I already change it to do this in the Job section in my new fresh install, as soon as I get the results, I'll post it here...

Thanks again!

2011/1/10 Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
On 01/10/11 14:21, Rodrigo Renie Braga wrote:
> Yes, it does (see the following configuration). One more thing... I was
> using the latest 3.0 version of Bacula and I updated it to 5.0.3
> (Clients and Director). Could this be the problem? Just to make sure,
> I'm creating a fresh install of Bacula 5.0.3 just to see if this problem
> remains...
>
> Pool {
>     Name = pool.tpa.full
>     Pool Type = Backup
>     Storage = st.tpa
>     Volume Use Duration = 28d
>     Volume Retention = 90d
>     Maximum Volumes = 21
>     Recycle = yes
>     AutoPrune = yes
>     Scratch Pool = scratch.tpa
>     RecyclePool = scratch.tpa
>     Cleaning Prefix = "CLN"
> }
>
> Pool {
>     Name = pool.tpb.diff
>     Pool Type = Backup
>     Storage = st.tpb
>     Volume Use Duration = 6d
>     Volume Retention = 30d
>     Maximum Volumes = 4
>     Recycle = yes
>     AutoPrune = yes
>     Scratch Pool = scratch.tpb
>     RecyclePool = scratch.tpb
>     Cleaning Prefix = "CLN"
> }

That all looks good to me.

One comment here:

> Schedule {
>     Name = sch.tpa
>     Run = Level=Full Pool=pool.tpa.full 1st sun at 01:00
>     Run = Level=Differential FullPool=pool.tpa.full Pool=pool.tpb.diff
> 2nd-5th sun at 01:00
>     Run = Level=Incremental FullPool=pool.tpa.full Pool=pool.tpb.inc
> mon-sat at 01:00
> }

Schedule-level Pool overrides have been deprecated because they could
not be made to work reliably in all cases.  There were just too many
cases in which it would do the wrong thing (for instance, when promoting
jobs).  You should be using the Full Pool, Differential Pool,
Incremental Pool directives in your Job or JobDefs resources.

This won't affect the problem you're seeing, though.

--
 Phil Stracchino, CDK#2     DoD#299792458     ICBM: 43.5607, -71.355
 alaric AT caerllewys DOT net   alaric AT metrocast DOT net   phil AT co.ordinate DOT org