Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] incorrect "User specified spool size reached" message

2011-01-05 08:37:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] incorrect "User specified spool size reached" message
From: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 14:34:45 +0100
Am 2011-01-05 14:06 schrieb Dan Langille:
> On 1/5/2011 6:50 AM, Tilman Schmidt wrote:
[...]
>> 04-Jan 22:11 vm-backup-sd JobId 11043: User specified spool size reached.
>> 04-Jan 22:11 vm-backup-sd JobId 11043: Writing spooled data to Volume.
>> Despooling 16,001,952 bytes ...
>> 04-Jan 22:11 vm-backup-sd JobId 11043: Despooling elapsed time = 00:00:01,
>> Transfer rate = 16.00 M bytes/second
>> 04-Jan 22:11 vm-backup-sd JobId 11043: Spooling data again ...
[...]
>>    SpoolDirectory = /home/backup/spool;
>>    MaximumSpoolSize = 50G;
>> }
>>
>> So, taken literally, that message is just plain wrong. The 16 MB
>> spooled are far less than my specified spool size of 50 GB.
>>
>> I checked the spool directory for stale files, and it is empty.
>> The filesystem it resides on has 98 GB of free space.
>> There are no concurrent jobs. ("Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1")
>>
>> What other possible reasons are there for that message?
>
> At one time, was MaximumSpoolSize set to 16GB?  If so, did you restat
> bacula-sd after making that change?

The SD config file hasn't been touched for more than a year,
and I'm pretty sure I never set MaximumSpoolSize as low as 16M.

Nevertheless, restarting bacula-sd sounds like a good idea.
It has been running for quite a long time and accumulated an
impressive CPU time of 2024:10. Perhaps there's some sort of leak.

Thanks,
Tilman

--
Tilman Schmidt