Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Script contribution

2011-01-04 10:45:27
Subject: [Bacula-users] Script contribution
From: Raymond Norton <admin AT lctn DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 09:26:14 -0600
I haven't followed the development of bacula, so maybe this has been
addressed in the past.

I was forever having trouble with laptop users not being on-line when
backups fired off. A member from another forum provided the following
script that can be run from cron on the bacula box. It tested out fine
for me, and I thought others would find it useful. It will ping the
hostname; if found, it will create a txt file and run a script with your
bconsole commands. The next time cron runs, the script will check the
date of the txt file, if the date is equal to today, it will not run the
backup a second time.

enjoy :)

#!/bin/bash

HOST="windowshostname"