Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Server is Client of Multiple Directors

2011-01-03 21:04:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Server is Client of Multiple Directors
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 21:02:32 -0500
On 1/3/2011 1:57 PM, Patrick McEvoy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to have two machines acting as directors for the same
> clients in order to have redundant backups of the servers.   I have
> looked in the manual and searched the internet but only find multiple
> clients for a director not multiple directors for multiple clients.
> What is the best way to do this?

I've nver done it, but it should just work.

Get one bacula-dir up and running.  Copy that bacula-dir.conf to the new
bacula director's server.  Change the name, specify the new storage
daemons etc.  But I think you know that.

In the bacula-fd.conf, you just need two Director resources, one for
each Director.

I can see where to add the additional
> director in bacula-fd but how would I change the   "Global" File daemon
> configuration specifications to use a different File Daemon for the new
> director.

I don't know what you mean here by global.

BTW, with reference to your other messages, I think the messages
resource will *just work*.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/