Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Maximum Concurrent Jobs

2010-11-24 13:20:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Maximum Concurrent Jobs
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 13:17:48 -0500
On 11/24/10 11:47, dietervh wrote:
> I am totally confused about the Maximum Concurrent Jobs directive in Bacula.
> I'm full of hope that somebody here could be my light.
>
> Little image of my situation :
>
> I have some clients with the Bacula FD installed on 2 different locations.
> I have 2 SD's, each one on a location.
> I have a Catalog somewhere with mysql
> And last but not least, I have a  Director running.
>
> Jobs are defined, and work.
>
> Now, I just want to have my director, to execute multiple jobs at a time.
> At this moment, the director runs job by job. But that takes time, and has
> the effect that the backups aren't finished until noon. (while they have been
> started at midnight).
>
> One client / One job / One volume

If you have configured Bacula such that each volume can contain only a
single job, then you have also configured Bacula such that only one job
can run at a time per storage device, because no storage device can have
more than one Volume mounted at a time.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.