Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and automatic labelling of volumes

2010-11-23 15:00:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and automatic labelling of volumes
From: Blake Dunlap <ikiris AT gmail DOT com>
To: Thomas Schweikle <tps AT vr-web DOT de>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 13:55:10 -0600
Bacula does not act like you wish, you could script parts of this to accomplish what you want, but you cannot do it natively.

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 12:53, Thomas Schweikle <tps AT vr-web DOT de> wrote:
Hi!

I have set up bacula with automatic labelling of volumes:

In bacula-dir.conf:
Storage {
 Name = File
 Address = bacula
 SDPort = 9103
 Password = "...."
 Device = FileStorage
 Media Type = File
}

Pool {
 Name = File
 Pool Type = Backup
 Recycle = yes
 recycle Volumes
 AutoPrune = yes
 Volume Retention = 10 days
 Maximum Volume Bytes = 4G
 Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
 Maximum Volumes = 100
 LabelFormat = "T${JobName}"
}

In bacula-sd.conf:
Device {
 Name = FileStorage
 Media Type = File
 Archive Device = /srv/bacula
 LabelMedia = yes;
 Random Access = Yes;
 AutomaticMount = yes;
 RemovableMedia = no;
 AlwaysOpen = no;
}

Automatic creation of volumes then labelling them fails. Bacula
hangs waiting for operator intervention --- this is not what I
expected it to do. I'd like to have:

- Start a job,
- look for an empty volume, if none there, create one, than label it
- push it into the pool, mount it.
- backup the jobs data.
- after finishing keep the volume with this one job arround
- delete it when retention time has come and there is
 not enough space for a new volume.

After reading the fine manual , goggling around, not finding
anything helpful: does anyone have a setup doing what I expect mine
to do, running and is willing to share?

I'd appreciate any help!

--
Thomas