Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula crashing after move and upgrade

2010-11-20 12:41:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula crashing after move and upgrade
From: Eric Yellin <eric AT migvan.co DOT il>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 19:37:18 +0200

Issues solved:

1. Seems like I missed something with the db update. Ran updates again on the original 1.38 version upgrading up to 5.0.5

2. Changed /dev/sg0 to /dev/sg5 which turned out to be the correct device.

Thanks, Eric

On 20/11/2010 14:42, Timo Neuvonen wrote:

"Eric Yellin" <eric AT migvan.co DOT il> kirjoitti viestissä
news:4CE6E815.1090205 AT migvan.co DOT il...
>I had Bacula installed and running properly on FreeBSD for several years.
> It was running Bacula 1.38.
> I have an old LTO-1 HP ShureStore changer that worked fine with Bacula
> 1.38 on the FreeBSD system
>
> I had to move the backup system (including changer) to a different
> server running CentOS 5.5.
>
> Since the databases have changed over time I did 3 db updates to get it
> synced with the 5.x version (I used the 2.4.4 update, then the 3.0.3
> update and finally the 5.0.3 one). So the database should be up-to-date.
>
> I made some adjustments to the conf files and Bacula loaded OK. I
> however have 2 major problems:
>
> 1. Bacula recognizes the drives but is not reading the changer
> correctly. When trying to run "update slots" it claims to have 0 slots:
> 3306 Issuing autochanger "slots" command.
> Device "Autochanger" has 0 slots.
> No slots in changer to scan.

I think the typical reason causing this is that the storage daemon running
as bacula:disk does not have write permission to changer device (propably
/dev/sg...)

--
TiN

This email is protected by Reflexion Total Control
http://www.migvan.co.il/Reflexion