Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bscan, file retention, and pruning

2010-11-18 16:22:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bscan, file retention, and pruning
From: Bob Hetzel <beh AT case DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 16:20:39 -0500
What you've hit on is something I've noted too... I'm thinking it would be
a nice tweak/enhancement to bacula if the pruning function was disabled on
restore jobs.  Another case that could trigger it might be just restoring
from your oldest backup.

I've no idea how simple this change might be, though.  It seems rather
counter intuitive for bacula to try to prune something at the end of a
restore job (successful or failed) so it may be a bigger project than
adding a simple if statement...  Has anybody dug into that part of the code?

    Bob