Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Understanding purge

2010-11-18 05:59:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Understanding purge
From: Dermot Beirne <dermot.beirne AT dpd DOT ie>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 10:56:08 +0000
Hi,
There is a big difference in the size of individual jobs, they range
from maybe 30Gb to 300Gb.  No individual job would be multi terabyte.
The number of clients combined would be over 1 TB for a given day,
rather than an individual job.  I used 5Gb as it was a suggested size
in the bacula documentation.

Dermot.

On 11/17/10 19:16, Dermot Beirne wrote:
> Hi Phil,
> I have set a size limit of 5Gb on each volume.  My daily incrementals
> are using over 300 such volumes at the moment, so 200 will be nowhere
> near enough to do a full backup of all the clients at year end, so
> I'll be increasing that before then.

Ah, I didn't realize you were using so many volumes per job.  If you're
running multi-terabyte backup jobs, aren't 5GB volumes a bit small....?

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.