Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] TLS and PKI, How to limit de encryption overhead ?

2010-11-18 00:23:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] TLS and PKI, How to limit de encryption overhead ?
From: Thomas Mueller <thomas AT chaschperli DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 06:19:51 +0100
On 18.11.2010 02:01, Dan Langille wrote:

>> IMHO TLS is only used for the "control-channel" not for the "data-
>> channel".
>
> Really? I hope not. Can you prove this?

ok maybe you're right. i've had in mind that it was not encrypted, but
written is that the volumes written by sd are not encrypted. not the
data transfer between fd and sd.

"The data written to Volumes by the Storage daemon is not encrypted by
this code. "

http://bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Bacula_TLS_Communications.html

- Thomas