Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Tuning for large (millions of files) backups?

2010-11-13 00:13:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Tuning for large (millions of files) backups?
From: "Gary R. Schmidt" <grs AT mcleod-schmidt.id DOT au>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 15:46:30 +1100
On 12/11/2010 10:46 PM, Alan Brown wrote:
[SNAP]
> Disbling innodb won't help right now, but switching to innodb would be a
> good idea in the near future as myISAM runs into problems around the 50
> million entry mark (assuming Oracle don't remove innodb from future
> versions of Mysql, as looks increasingly likely...)

You mean "looks increasingly *unlikely*" don't you?  As InnoDB is the
default in MySQL 5.5...

I suspect there to be at least one person involved in this discussion
who has *religion* in relation to database engines...

Quick, let's start some new battles over vi versus EMACS, and sh versus
csh, and ksh versus bash...

Frankly, I'd rather there were reliable connectors and queries available
for Oracle and DB2, rather than this childish prattle over MySQL and
PostGRES.

        Cheers,
                Gary    B-)