Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] New server, new questions: umlaute and confusion with changing a client's pool

2010-11-11 10:20:45
Subject: [Bacula-users] New server, new questions: umlaute and confusion with changing a client's pool
From: Oliver Hoffmann <oh AT dom DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 16:18:14 +0100
Hi all,

I had the following problem with 3.0.2 as well as now with 5.0.2 (runs
on ubuntu 10.10). When I change the pool and accordingly the storage
device of a client, then the job won't run because the scheduled volume
is marked *unknown*. If I start the job manually everything is fine.
Somehow it is stuck to the old pool but the storage device changed. I
can see that in bconsole or in the status mail. I did the changes with
webmin but I double checked the dir.conf and it looks good. What else
do I have to do in order to change a client's pool properly?

For cosmetic's sake I want to get rid of those messed up umlaute in the
status mail. Example: "Beginn automatische Säuberung von Aufträgen.".
If I have to fiddle around to much then I'd be happy to switch it to
English instead. How do I accomplish that?

Thanks a lot!

Greetings,

Oliver