Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] unwanted fullbackup

2010-11-10 08:51:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] unwanted fullbackup
From: Alex Huth <a.huth AT tmr DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 15:51:25 +0100
On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 01:33:51PM +0000, Martin Simmons wrote:

> > On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 07:47:58AM -0300, Kleber Leal wrote:
> > No i haven´t used this option. But i think i have seen a mistake. I used
> > a file retention of 30 days in the client definition. Which has
> > priority? Client def or pool def?
>
> In theory if the Pool File Retention is set then the Client File Retention is
> ignored.  However, the code is broken in 5.0.3 so it doesn't always work like
> that.
>
> It doesn't matter though, because File Retention will never cause it to
> promote an incremental to a full (it just prevents restore from selecting
> files).  Only Job Retention, Volume Retention or explicit purge/delete will
> cause jobs to be removed from the catalog.
>
> Is the original full still in the catalog (use list jobs)?
>
> Did you change the fileset definition at all sinze the original full?

Yes, i can see all jobs in the catalog and the fileset definition hasn
changed.
I did some testing before i used it since 27.20 (first initial
fullbackup) as a productive tool. Before i switched from testing to
production, i deleted all tables and databases in mysql and started from
scratch with the configs used during testing.

Alex