Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Help needed setting up DVD under Windows

2010-11-08 17:21:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Help needed setting up DVD under Windows
From: ganiuszka <ganiuszka AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 23:18:46 +0100
Phil Stracchino pisze:
> The DVD writing code in bacula proved to be both unreliable and
> unmaintainable, has been deprecated in the last several major releases,
> and is planned to be removed shortly.

Hi,

Where did you get this information? Is it proven message?

I use backup to DVD from long time and in my opinion as Bacula user this
functionality works well. I think, it will be a big pity for users for
which tape drives are too expensive and for which disk based backup is
not enough (for example using at home or small office). DVD discs are
cheap and backup to DVD is nice solution.

If it is true that the DVD code will soon be removed then remains for me
respect this decision.

What do you think about it?

Best regards.
gani