Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restore after weof

2010-11-04 12:26:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restore after weof
From: "Dan Langille" <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 12:24:08 -0400
On Thu, November 4, 2010 5:23 am, rainbow7of9 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> yesterday we deltete our ultrium 2 media
> with
>
>  [user@host]$  mt -f /dev/st0 rewind
>  [user@host]$  mt -f /dev/st0 weof
>

> Is it possible to restore after this command, like giving the same label
> name again?

Short answer: no.

Long answer: no.

I'm sure some of the data can be retrieved by people who know what they
are doing.  It is very technical and not for the faint of heart.  You have
a lot of work and a lot of stuff to learn in order to do that.  You should
talk to your OS support to find out what to do.

Or better still, if the data is not 100% required, move on.

--
Dan Langille -- http://langille.org/