Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Synthetic to Tape

2010-11-02 10:56:28
Subject: [Bacula-users] Synthetic to Tape
From: Mingus Dew <shon.stephens AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 10:53:57 -0400
I want to setup "Synthetic" backups and write them to tape. I suspect that I can use the "Next Pool" directive to point to a pool containing tape volumes.
My intention is that I will be taking the last Full and subsequent Incrementals from the Disk-To-Disk backup jobs and writing them to tape as a Synthetic backup.

I was wondering if I will be able to restore from the synthetic job, or exactly how a restore from this backup would work.

Thanks,
Shon