Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Maximum Concurrent Jobs

2010-10-30 01:16:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Maximum Concurrent Jobs
From: Blake Dunlap <ikiris AT gmail DOT com>
To: Mark Gordon <mgordon AT tdarx DOT com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 00:12:05 -0500
All of the information is stored in the DB very granularly, there's no need to go to volume size to determine storage use. I'll gladly help you more off list if you need assistance collecting it, I've written a billing application using the same data.

-Blake

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 08:43, Mark Gordon <mgordon AT tdarx DOT com> wrote:

>No you are correct. Simultaneous jobs allow multiple jobs to use the
>same storage device at the same time. Provided that only 1 pool is
>involved because a single (non autochanger) storage device can only
>load 1 volume at a time.

>John

So that's the sticking point. 1 volume at a time unless I want to dump 8
clients into the same volume with no way to tell who is using what
amount of storage space.

Thanks
Mark

This mail was sent via Mail-SeCure System.