Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Off site backup and restore

2010-10-28 10:27:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Off site backup and restore
From: Christian Manal <moenoel AT informatik.uni-bremen DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 16:22:58 +0200
Am 28.10.2010 15:53, schrieb Kleber Leal:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to deploy a backup with off-site tapes.
> First, I have a disk backup for daily backup and restore. It is working
> fine. Backup and restore jobs are working properly.
> Now I have to create a pool of tapes to mantain a off site copy of data.
> I created a new pool and put all tapes for off site backup on it. I also
> created a Virtualfull job. This job is working perfectly, but when I need to
> restore files, my catalog is trying to restore from my off site pool and
> this is not expected for me, because these tapes are not on site.
>
> How can I set to my catalog never try to restore from off site tapes pool?
> Only if really is needed.
>
> Kleber Leal

Hi,

you may have another "problem" on your hands, if you use a VirtualFull
job. The "virtual" full backup will be seen as the latest "real" full
backup for the respective job. Any differential and incremental jobs
following are done in relation to it and not your on-site full backup.

I use copy jobs to get my backups from disk to tape, so the tapes are
only used for restore, after the jobs on disk have been pruned.

Regards,
Christian Manal