Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Remove Catalog Record from Removed Clients

2010-10-26 18:53:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Remove Catalog Record from Removed Clients
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 18:50:43 -0400
On 10/26/10 18:21, Avarca, Anthony wrote:
> All,
>
> I need a little guidance. I have removed a couple of clients from
> bacula-dir.conf. Can anyone recommend a procedure on how to  remove the
> catalog entries and data storage associated with the clients?
>
> Perhaps before removing the clients from bacula-dir.conf I need to use
> bconsole and purne? But how do I proceed with the data, which is disk
> storage with multiple jobs.

Anthony,
Do you need to recover the storage and catalog space immediately? If so,
about the best you can do is to purge all jobs associated with the
clients you are removing (this is pretty quick to do using BAT), then
recycle or delete any volumes which show as purged after purging the
jobs.  If you don't want to or can't do that (for instance if you've
already deleted the clients and their job definitions), you'll pretty
much need to just let the data expire out of your Catalog and storage
pools over time.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.