Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.3 attempting to clone to tape with inchanger=0

2010-10-18 13:44:44
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.3 attempting to clone to tape with inchanger=0
From: Dylan Vanderhoof <DylanV AT semaphore DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 10:41:51 -0700
I'm running into an issue with my offsite pools that are being rotated out.

Our environment is that we have a File backup which clones to an Offsite pool
when the main backups are complete.  We have 4 sets of Offsite tapes which are
rotated out of an autochanger weekly.

When a volume becomes full during cloning, bacula is attempting to mount the
oldest Appendable tape that has data on it, even though inchanger=0 and slot=0.
 I have to manually mount a tape in order to continue the cloning.

The only post I can find about this implies this was a problem that was fixed
back in bacula 2.X.  Am I missing a configuration option or something that is
causing this behavior?

My Pool config looks like this:

Pool {
  Name = Default
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 60 days         # two months
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 50G
  Storage = FileBackup
  Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
  LabelFormat = "Vol-"
  NextPool = Offsite
}

Pool {
  Name = Offsite
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 60 days
  Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
  Storage = TapeBackup
}

The autochanger and device config looks like this:

#
# An autochanger device with two drives
#
Autochanger {
  Name = Jezebel
  Device = Drive-1
  Changer Command = "/usr/libexec/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
  Changer Device = /dev/sg5
}

#
# A Linux or Solaris LTO-2 tape drive
#
Device {
  Name = Drive-1
  Media Type = LTO-2
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
  Maximum File Size = 3GB
# Changer Command = "/usr/libexec/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
# Changer Device = /dev/sg0
 AutoChanger = yes
  # Enable the Alert command only if you have the mtx package loaded
# Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
# If you have smartctl, enable this, it has more info than tapeinfo
 Alert Command = "sh -c 'smartctl -H -l error %c'"
}