Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] LTO4 positioning time.

2010-10-11 16:23:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] LTO4 positioning time.
From: Panagiotis Christias <christias AT gmail DOT com>
To: Andrea Venturoli <ml AT netfence DOT it>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 23:20:12 +0300
On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 6:48 PM, Andrea Venturoli <ml AT netfence DOT it> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> The box is FreeBSD 7.3/amd64, with a Tandberg LTO-4 unit.
>
> Can 4 hours and a half be considered a normal time to "move to the end
> of data" in order to append to a volume?
> Is there anything I should check?

Same setup here (FreeBSD 7.3 amd64, HP LTO-4), same problem until we
paid more attention to the notes that come with bacula-server port
(see pkg-message.server.in in
/usr/ports/sysutils/bacula-server/files). Our working bacula-sd.conf
configuration currently includes the following:

  Hardware End of Medium  = no;
  Backward Space Record   = yes;
  Backward Space File     = yes;
  Fast Forward Space File = yes;