Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bcp, Bacula CoPy

2010-10-11 04:58:53
Subject: [Bacula-users] bcp, Bacula CoPy
From: Geert Stappers <Geert.Stappers AT vanadgroup DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 10:55:03 +0200
Hello,

Is there a tool like 'rcp' and 'scp' in the Bacula universe?

What I'm looking for is a program that I would name 'bcp'.

bcp, Bacula CoPy, copies files from one bacula file daemon to
another bacula-fd. Reading from the source computer is like making a backup
and writting to the destination is like doing a restore.

So the copy is done by a backup and a restore at the same moment
without a storage-deamon involved.

Where tools like 'rcp' and 'scp' run on one the involved computers,
has 'bcp' to be run on the bacula director computer. Because there
are configuration files available make the copy action possible.

Groeten
Geert Stappers