Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Same client, different servers

2010-10-08 11:11:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Same client, different servers
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 16:08:44 +0100
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Now my question:
> >>

> >> How can I configure my job to continue getting the incremental changes
> >> from server2, without running a full job, ie, based on the last
> >> backups from server1.
> >
> > You can't change the Job definition itself, but you can edit the Address
> > option in the Client definition so that it contacts the secondary.
>

> I right.
> The bacula-fd.conf in server1 is equal bacula-fd.conf in server2,
> except to FDAddress.
>
> But in this way, i always would need change 'Address' in Client Section
>

> But is it possible I have multiples 'Address' in Client Section,
> that when the first one fail, the second one is used?

No, you can only have one Address in the Client section.

However, I think you can use Address = my-server and have multiple addresses
in the DNS for my-server.  Bacula will use the first address that accepts a
connection so you need to ensure that the DNS server returns the addresses in
a fixed order (server1 first).

__Martin