Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Error: Could not get Job Volume Parameters to update Bootstrap file. ERR=sql_get.c:433 No volumes found for JobId=xxxx

2010-10-05 03:49:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Error: Could not get Job Volume Parameters to update Bootstrap file. ERR=sql_get.c:433 No volumes found for JobId=xxxx
From: Ralf Gross <Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 09:47:13 +0200
Ralf Gross schrieb:

> it seems that I messed something up during the upgrade from 3.0.3 to
> 5.0.3 (Debian Lenny, AMD64, psql 8.4).
>
> There is one job that repeatedly ends with error.
>
> ERR=sql_get.c:433 No volumes found for JobId=xxxx

I purged the 2 volume, changed the Accurate paramters (see below) and
ran the backups again. Now the volume error is gone. But I still don't
know why some files that were also in the last full backup get backed
up again (see my other mail).

*list files jobid=26051
| filename                                 |
| /postgres-backups/testdb-20101004.sql.gz |
| /postgres-backups/                       |
| /postgres-backups/testdb-20100928.sql.gz |
| /postgres-backups/testdb-20100929.sql.gz |
+--------+---------------------+---------------------+------+-------+----------+---------------+-----------+
| jobid  | name                | starttime           | type | level | jobfiles
| jobbytes      | jobstatus |
+--------+---------------------+---------------------+------+-------+----------+---------------+-----------+
| 26,051 | VUMEM008-psql-dumps | 2010-10-05 09:32:34 | B    | I     |        4
| 4,478,194,813 | T         |
+--------+---------------------+---------------------+------+-------+----------+---------------+-----------+

> job with the checksum errors:
>
> 05-Okt 04:05 VUMEM004-sd JobId 26039: Volume "vumem008-inc-0655" previously
> written, moving to end of data.
> 05-Okt 04:05 VUMEM004-sd JobId 26039: Ready to append to end of Volume
> "vumem008-inc-0655" size=4764691550
> 05-Okt 04:05 VUMEM008-fd JobId 26039: Warning: Can't verify checksum for
> /bin/gunzip

ok, the checksum errors are gone after changing the Accurate Fileset
parameters.

#accurate    = pins5
accurate    = mcs

I guess pins5 was not used in 3.0.3 (and also not complaint about) and
now after upgrade to 5.0.3 the problem started because the checksum
was not yet in the db.

The manual is not clear about the changes of the accurate parameters.

3.0.x

http://www.bacula.org/3.0.x-manuals/en/install/install/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION00670000000000000000

| accurate=options
| The options letters specified are used when running a Backup
| Level=Incremental/Differential in Accurate mode. The options letters
| are the same than in the verify= option below.

5.0.x

http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/New_Features_in_5_0_0.html#SECTION00550000000000000000
| In previous versions, the accurate code used the file creation and
| modification times to determine if a file was modified or not.

Ralf