Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Rename and move my catalog backups to a sub-directory...

2010-10-04 11:00:15
Subject: [Bacula-users] Rename and move my catalog backups to a sub-directory...
From: John Doe <jdmls AT yahoo DOT com>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 07:58:05 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

I am trying to cleanup a bit my old bacula installation (2.4.2-1) and
I would like to rename my catalog backups (the files) and move them
to a sub-directory.  Is it easy or is it now "hardcoded" in multiple places?

Here are the specific parts of the configuration:

  Device {
    Name = FileStorage
    Archive Device = /FILER/bacula
    Media Type = File
  }

  Storage {
    Name = FileStorage
    Device = FileStorage
    Media Type = File
  }

  Job {
    Name = "BackupCatalog"
    JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
    Level = Full
    Client = backup
    FileSet = "Catalog"
    Write Bootstrap = "/FILER/bacula/catalog.bsr"
  }

So I would like to modify:

  Device {
    Name = FileStorage_cartalog
    Archive Device = /FILER/bacula/catalog
    Media Type = File_catalog
  }

  Storage {
    Name = FileStorage_catalog
    Device = FileStorage_catalog
    Media Type = File_catalog
  }

  Job {
    Name = "BackupCatalog"
    JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
    Level = Full
    Client = catalog
    Storage = FileStorage_catalog
    FileSet = "Catalog"
    Write Bootstrap = "/FILER/bacula/catalog/catalog.bsr"
  }

followed by:

  # service bacula stop
  # cd /FILER/bacula
  # for i in backup.*; do mv $i catalog/catalog.${i#backup.}; done
  # mv catalog.bsr catalog/
  # service bacula start

Would this work or do I need extra steps?

Thx,
JD